Feb 9th - Opening of " FROM THE ARCHIVE " - Mailart and Fluxus from the archives of Fluxus/St. Louis.
@ Chicago Art Institute, Joan Flasch Library.
Feb. 10th . ' FLUX IT YOURSELF ' : Scores and Performances by Contemporary Fluxus
Tentative Location : Center For Book Arts, Chicago
Feb 10th 6:00pm " Flux Dinner " @ The Artist's Cafe, Chicago
Feb 11th 11-5pm "Fluxus Day at the Chicago Cultural Center"
several events to participate in ...
1. " Mailart Creation Station " - an ongoing space with supplies for making and sending Mailart, informing and interacting with the public.
2. " Women In Bowlers " - a celebration of the women of Fluxus - from its beginnings till now, coordinated by Picasso Gaglione with Dada Machine Fluxus, and everyone who wants to perform.
3. " One Ring Circus " - Contemporary Fluxus scores performed by taking turns ... I'll be there with a sign up sheet, and announce ( like we did last year at the MCA and at ABC No Rio ) ....
4. " Long Form Flux " ... Plenty of room for longer durational pieces to be ongoing .. Let me know what you want to do & we'll work it in ... we have lots of space to work with,
also hallways and stairwells ... Bring your Ideas
5. " Fluxhibition 5.4 " - Cecil Touchon will once again transport valises filled with small flux-works from the Fluxmuseum Collection to show and share for the day.
6. " Free For All " - Please either bring or send ahead a multiple, publication or postcard in an edition of 50 or more that can be given away to the public. Last year was amazing .. over 50 different pieces came in, and all were distributed ... that's 2500 works that went out in a day ....how cool is that! I'll be collecting 8 full sets to box and donate to archives. ( Last years boxes ended up in MOMA, Ohio State, The Sackner Collection, Chicago Art Institute, MCA Chicago, and more.... )
Feb. 11th ongoing ( 8am - 6pm ) " Write Now - Artists And Letterforms "
A major exhibition at the Chicago Cultural Center * The " Fluxus, Mailart, and Visual Poetry Project " that many of us are in, is located on and around a 30 ft. long wall as part of this exhibition, and will be open during the day.
Feb 11th 6:30 pm " The New York Correspondence School of Chicago Dinner "
Feb 12th " Flux Film Fest " @ 6018 NORTH.
A matinee festival of New Fluxus Film
Housing : We've been loaned a Beautiful large apartment for the week, with several airbeds and 2 bedrooms .. and a great kitchen .. ( could be an amazing home base for our activities, also, several of our Chicago folks have opened their homes for the week. Let me know if you'll be needing space to stay )....
* If you're sending works ahead of time please Clearly Mark them as for Fluxfest / Chicago.
* send to this address:
c/o Keith A. Buchholz
3449 Hartford St.
St. Louis, Mo.
Call or E-Mail me regarding Housing or Ideas .....
I hope lots of you can make it.
- Keith Buchholz - Organizer